2017 promises to be a year of car lovers with SUVs, crossovers bludgeoning the market. SUVs can never stop being in vogue anywhere in the world and presently the new age crossover too is being preferred. India, being quite in tune with the automobile trends is all set to receive the new batch of an exciting series of SUVs – 2017.
Here is the most awaited and the most coveted list of SUVs 2017:
1. Tata Nexon- It is a highly anticipated but a delayed entry by the Tatas into the subcompact/ sub 4-meter SUV segment. The Tata Nexon would feature the two-tone design popularized by the Maruti Vitara Brezza. It would have a 1.2-litre turbo petrol Revotron 4-cylinder engine and a 1.3-litre multi-jet diesel engine making 90bhp. The main attraction would be the dashboard that would be a mounted infotainment screen resembling the ones found on much higher end vehicles like the Audi. It would be a spacious and comfortable 5 seater with a lot of boot space. Prices would range from Rs 6.5 to 9.5 lakh and due to be launched towards the end of 2017.
2. Lexus RX (Hybrid)- This would be their first product post starting their operations in India. This SUCV would be competing with the Q5/GLC/X3 but it would be a little more costly than its peers because since it will be only available in the hybrid segment with a five seater layout only. It would have a combined V6 engine and hybrid power plant make upwards of 300bhp in the RX450. All Lexus SUVs would have a four-wheel drive with prices hitting the 1 crore mark. Bookings have already started.
3. Jeep Compass- Jeep is about to make a smashing entry to the Indian market with prices of approximately Rs 20 lakh. The Compass would be available to Indian SUV buyers who are fond of global brands. The Jeep Compass will come in both petrol and diesel versions. The Compass would be offering both a lower variant in two-wheel-drive the top of the line cars in four-wheel-drive with a terrain response.
4. Tata Hexa- The Tata Hexa is slated to be launched in January 2017 and be the first SUV of the new year. It would be Tata’s new flagship product. The Hexa would be available in both the manual and automatic versions and one might find the automatic version to be enticing if it is on the cards. Both types of cars get a 2.2-ltire 4-cylinder diesel engine with 157bhp and 400Nm of torque along with attractive interiors unlike other Tata cars that we have seen so far. It would include features like leather interior, touch screen infotainment, drive modes, LED daytime running lights, 19-inch wheels and dual exhaust tips. One would get to choose from either the 7 or the 8 seater variant. The Tata Hexa would be priced at about Rs 13-18 lakh.
5. Skoda Kodiaq- The Skoda Kodiaq slated for a 2017 release is the is the first ever 7-seater SUV by the Czech automaker and will compete against the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour in India. It will feature a 2.0-litre diesel engine but a petrol version might be made available, based on demand. As far as the external attractions are concerned, the Skoda Kodiaq gets the new three-dimensional grille, tail lamps, sharp LED headlamps and a set of wide wheel arches. This SUV would be available only with a 7-seater configuration, though it is also available with a 5-seater layout, internationally. It has the same basis – the MQB platform of the Octavia, a 6.5-inch screen, Bluetooth connectivity, Android Auto, Skoda SmartLink with support for Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink.
6. Ford Ecosport Facelift- Before the advent of the Vitara Brezza, the Ford Ecosport was the highest selling sub 4-meter SUV in India. Now, Ford is all set to launch the face lifted version in 2017. It would be coming with sharper design, aggressive face with new headlamps, larger grille, new tail lamps and new alloy wheels. It would also come with a touchscreen infotainment system having Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Ford’s own mirror link. It would be priced